Tea tree oil is the most effective essential oil that is extracted through the steam distillation process from the leaves of Melaleuca Alternifolia. It is a plant native to New South Wales and Queensland in Australia and for centuries, tea tree essential oil is renowned to be used as a traditional medicine for various health issues. Thus, due to its anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties; this essential oil has various health, hair, and skin-related benefits.
Sisven – the best organic nutraceuticals products store provides 100% pure and natural tea tree essential oil that can be used for multiple benefits. However, it is suggested that essential oil should not be used directly as it is very strong and thus, dilute it with any of the carrier oils before using it. Furthermore, let’s get into the detailed info about its benefits and the method of usage.
Important Benefits of Tea Tree Oil: –
- Hand Sanitizer: –
Due to the antibacterial and antimicrobial properties present in tea tree oil, it has the ability to inhibit the growth of bacteria and viruses. And thus, tea tree essential oil is considered an effective ingredient in hand sanitiser or hand cleaner. It is also believed that adding a few drops of tea tree oil into your hand sanitiser boosts its effectiveness in killing a number of germs or viruses that are responsible for flu, colds, and other illnesses.
How to Use?
Follow the DIY procedure of making hand sanitiser with the use of tea tree essential oil and other ingredients.
- Mix 5-10 drops of lavender essential oil, ¼ teaspoon of vitamin E oil, 30 drops of tea tree essential oil, 1 ounce of aloe vera gel, and 3 ounces of ethyl alcohol + isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol in a container and swirl it well.
- Transfer it to the sanitiser bottle and shake gently before each use.
- Fights Acne: –
If you have severe acne breakouts on your face, then tea tree essential oil can turn out to be a powerful weapon. Due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, tea tree oil is considered to be more effective than that of benzoyl peroxide. Adding to this, a number of studies have proven that any skincare product with tea tree oil as one of the ingredients reduces the severity of acne.
How to Use?
- Add 2 drops of tea tree essential oil in 4 tbsp of water.
- Swirl it and apply the mixture on your acne part with a cotton swab.
- One can see better results with once or twice a day of regular application.
- Treats Nail Fungus: –
Fungal infection at nails is a quite common problem that most of the people experience. Though there are medications available, there are some natural ways to cure it. Furthermore, as tea tree oil has antifungal properties, it is considered to be highly effective in treating your nail fungal infections.
How to Use?
You can choose any nail fungus treatment product that has tea tree oil as one of the ingredients or follow the DIY procedure as mentioned below.
- Mix 4-5 drops of tea tree oil with 8-10 drops of coconut oil or any carrier oils.
- Apply the mixture onto the affected area.
- Wash it immediately after a few minutes in order to avoid spreading the fungus.
- Controls Dandruff: –
White flakes or dandruff on the scalp can be dangerous, embarrassing, and annoying and thus, it can even lead to hair fall problems. However, tea tree oil is proven to be the most effective ingredient in treating various hair-related issues and thus, considered to be the most helpful ingredient in controlling dandruff.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo.
- Use the mixture when shampooing or washing your hair.
- It will reduce the severity of dandruff and also, controls other symptoms like hair fall, hair damage, etc.
- Soothes Skin Inflammation: –
Tea tree oil is proven to treat many skin-related issues. Allergies or skin irritation conditions can lead to redness or painful skin. Diluting tea tree oil with any carrier oil and applying it on the affected skin-inflamed areas can reduce the severity. It also helps in treating redness, swelling, itching, or any other bug bite infections.
How to Use: –
Use the below-mentioned procedure to soothe your skin-inflammation problem.
- Mix 10 drops of tea tree essential oil with one tbsp of melted coconut oil and one tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir the mixture well and store it in a container.
- You can apply the mixture to the affected area and cure your skin inflammation problem.